- Begin on the mat, lying face down with your stomach on the mat.
- Keep your arms at your side against your torso with your palms pressed against your thighs.
- Keep your legs together with your toes slightly pointed.
- Inhale and lift your trunk off the mat, keeping the tops of your feet pressed against the mat.
- Be sure to use your abdominal and back to extend your trunk forward and into the air.
- As you exhale, Lower your torso back down to the mat. Repeat 6-8 times.
- Position your hands shoulder-width apart on a secured bench or stable chair.
- Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out in front of you.
- Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench.
- Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench to straighten your elbows, returning to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Keep your shoulders down as you lower and raise your body. You can bend your legs to modify this exercise. Do 15 to 20 reps per set and aim to do two to three sets.