3. Basic Crunches (20 reps)
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart.
- Place your hands behind your head so your thumbs are behind your ears.
- Don’t lace your fingers together.
- Hold your elbows out to the sides but rounded slightly in.
- Tilt your chin slightly, leaving a few inches of space between your chin and your chest.
- Gently pull your abdominal inward.
- Curl up and forward so that your head, neck, and shoulder blades lift off the floor.
- Hold for a moment at the top of the movement and then lower slowly back down.
4. Flutter Kicks (30 reps)
- Lie on your back on a gym mat with your legs extended and your arms alongside your hips, palms down.
- Lift your legs 4 to 6 inches off the floor. Press your low back into the mat.
- Keep your legs straight as you rhythmically raise one leg higher, then switch. Move in a fluttering, up and down motion
- Perform for 15 to 20 repetitions. Alternatively, flutter kick for a period of time, such as 20 to 30 seconds.
5. Heel Touches (15 reps on each side)
- Lay down with your back on the ground and your knees bent and pointed towards the ceiling.
- With your arms on your side raise your shoulders slightly off the ground.
- Using your abs rotate your right hand down to your right foot and then back up.
- Then do the same thing with your left hand.
- Alternate back and forth for the desired amount of repetitions.
A flat belly workout like this not only strengthens your core, but your entire body too. It also improves your posture and performance, restores your balance and reduces lower back pain.